Thursday, December 10, 2009

Congratulations — your baby is full term! This means that if your baby arrives now, his lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb, even though your due date is still three weeks away.
Today, I had my Dr's. appt. everything was going well still a 3 and 75 %. and is measuring right on target. well he started to listen to the heart beat and he sat there and waited. and then move to the other side and waited and the put his hand on my to listen to my heart at this time I am freaking out. thinking this can't be happening. and then he said he's heart beat is only 100 and it needs to be 150s. so they took me into another room and put a monitor on to watch the babys heart beat. and it was still 100 and then they put this shocker noise maker on my tummy and he did not like it. so his heart rate went up and then back down. and it kept doing this for 15 minutes. he said if it wouldn't go back up then he will have to send me to labor and delivery and he left and I said a little prayer that everything will be ok. I did not want my baby this early. well the dr. came back in after half a hour and his little heart beat was fine. it was a little scary todays appt. so hopefully my next one will be ok.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh, April, I am glad to see that the heartbeat was ok. I know it can be so nerve wracking! Hang in there! You are almost done! :)

Jess said...

That is very scary. I pray that all will be okay. Like Ashley said, "you are almost done".
{Jess}

Tara- said...

I'm sure everything is just fine! I just had my scare on Tues but my lil one didnt make it....but I was only 8wks and it was from a low BPM...Good luck!! I'm glad everything is good :)

Mindy said...

That is scary!! I am glad it all turned out well and pray that it will keep on going that way until the little guy is supposed to come!!